No products in the cart.
PreciseLED is a fast-growing company committed to both the growth of our company and the success of our employees. Our employees are passionate about technology and our role in the advancement of lighting possibilities.
We provide careers, not jobs.
Some benefits of working for us include:
- Fast paced, fun work environment with room for growth
- Health Insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Paid sick/vacation days
If you believe you have what it takes, reach out to us!
The following positions are open:
Information current as of May 28, 2020
Product Engineer – Multiple Positions- Valley Stream, NY, F/T, MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field required.
Please mail resume & cover letter to PreciseLED Inc., 52 Railroad Ave, Valley Stream, NY 11580.
THE PRODUCT ENGINEER WILL DESIGN AND TROUBLESHOOT ARCHITECTURAL LED FIXTURES AND WORK ON A MULTIPLE OF SPECIALTY DESIGN PRODUCTS. SPECIFIC TASKS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- OPTICS DESIGN, HEAT SINK DESIGN AND MECHANICAL MOVEMENT AND DESIGN USING 3D MODELING SOFTWARE, INCLUDING SOLIDWORKS AND AUTOCAD;
- COLLABORATE WITH OTHER ENGINEERS AND DESIGNERS TO DESIGN, TEST, REVIEW AND REPORT ON NEW PRODUCTS IN OUR PRODUCT LINE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LED DOWNLIGHTS, PANELS, AND TAPE LIGHT;
- STUDYING AND IMPROVING LIGHT SOURCE COLOR FROM LED DIODES BY USING CONSUMER RESEARCH STUDIES AS A GUIDE.
- TROUBLESHOOTING TO RESOLUTION OF CUSTOMERS PRODUCT QUESTIONS VIA PHONE AND EMAIL BY EXPLAINING PRODUCT INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS;
- EVALUATE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS AND ECONOMIC FACTORS RELATING TO OUR MACHINERY PROCESS AND PRODUCT DESIGN OBJECTIVES AND HE WILL INTERACT DIRECTLY WITH OTHER PRECISELED TECHNICIANS, OUTSIDE VENDORS AND CUSTOMERS;
- REVIEW PRODUCT PLANS AND MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR MATERIAL SELECTION BASED ON DESIGN OBJECTIVES, SUCH AS STRENGTH, WEIGHT, HEAT RESISTANCE, ELECTRICAL CONDUCTIVITY, AND COST.
- DEVELOP, IMPLEMENT AND REPORT ON NEW TEST METHODS AND PROCEDURES TO SUPPORT THE AFOREMENTIONED LIGHTING DESIGN AND MFG OPERATIONS OF THE COMPANY.
- DESIGN, REDESIGN AND REPORT ON MECHANICAL AND THERMAL DEVICES OR SUBSYSTEMS, USING ANALYSIS AND COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN; TEST, EVALUATE AND REPORT STATUS OF PROTOTYPES OF DEVICES THEY DESIGN, ANALYZE THE TEST RESULTS AND CHANGE THE DESIGN OR SYSTEM AS NEEDED, AS WELL AS OVERSEE THE MANUFACTURING PROCESS FOR THE DEVICE.
- THE PRODUCT ENGINEER WILL MANAGE MECHANICAL AND ELECTRIC COMPONENTS, RELEASE COMPONENTS ACCORDING TO OUR PROGRAM SPECIFICATIONS AND ASSIST WITH MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING INTEGRATION FOR PRODUCT LAUNCH;
- ANALYZE, REVIEW AND PRESENT ADVANCED ENGINEERING CONCEPT DESIGNS; DETERMINE CRITICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF SYSTEM AND COMPONENT INTERFACES IN THE MECHANICAL COMPONENTS AND SYSTEMS, AND COORDINATE ENGINEERING DOCUMENTATION AND PREPARE NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT PROPOSALS FOR MECHANICAL COMPONENTS;
- THE ENGINEER WILL ALSO PARTICIPATE IN DESIGN REVIEWS AND CROSS-FUNCTIONAL ENGINEERING MEETINGS FOR CURRENT PRODUCTS AND FUTURE PROGRAMS.
- PRODUCT ENGINEER WILL HAVE DAILY UTILIZATION OF FOLLOWING SPECIALIZED ENGINEERING RELATED SOFTWARE – SOLIDWORKS, AUTOCAD,DIALUX AND GOOGLE SKETCH UP.
AT ALL TIMES THE MECHANICAL ENGINEER MUST MAINTAIN CORE TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES OF ENGINEERING DESIGN COMPUTER-BASED SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS THROUGH APPLIED EDUCATION AND TRAINING, WHILE MANAGING, (1) THE COST TARGETS FOR DESIGN RESPONSIBLE COMPONENTS, AND (2) THE COMPONENT OR SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT FROM CONCEPT THROUGH SERIAL PRODUCTION.